image credit www.momontimeout.com
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- several drops of green gel food color
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine cream cheese and one cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl and use a stand mixer or hand mixer to combine.
- Add the extract and gel food color and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Use your hands to combine the ingredients if your mixer is not up to the task. (I usually end up using my hands because it’s faster.)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of the dough and form into a ball using the palm of your hands. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon or a small measuring spoon to create indentions in each bowl. Dust the measuring spoon with powdered sugar if it sticks at all.
- Chill the mints until firm, about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl or large measuring cup.
- Bring heaving whipping cream just to a simmer and then pour over the top of the chocolate chips. Stir once or twice and then let sit for 2 minutes.
- Continue stirring until the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated.
- Transfer the ganache to a ziploc bag and let it set for 30 minutes or so until it has thickened up – think yogurt consistency. You can speed up this process by placing it in the refrigerator but keep an eye on it or it will get very firm.
- Cut the corner off of the bag and pipe the ganache into the center of each mint.
- Chill for about an hour, or until the ganache has set up.
- Store in refrigerator.
For more detail www.momontimeout.com