|image credit : sixsistersstuff.com|
- 18.4 ounces brownie mix, I used Pillsbury chocolate fudge for a 9 x 13 pan
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 15.25 ounces vanilla cake mix, I used Betty Crocker
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- orange food coloring (about 10 – 15 drops)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sprinkles (optional for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions. With the Pillsbury brand brownie mix, blend together brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and eggs. Stir together just until incorporated. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the vanilla cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix on low speed until blended. Then stir in your food coloring.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/3 of the way with brownie batter. I was able to fill about 22 cupcakes.
- Then carefully spoon orange cake batter on top of the brownie batter to fill muffin cups 2/3 full. (I had leftover cake batter) You can make regular cupcakes with the extra cake batter if you want.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Just until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, shortening and vanilla. Then add in milk and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Mix together until light and fluffy. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and add sprinkles to the top.
For more detail sixsistersstuff.com