|image credit : bakingamoment.com|
FOR THE BLACKBERRY COCONUT CUPCAKES
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup solid coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry jam (approx.)
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 block)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons seedless blackberry jam
- 1 drop violet gel food coloring
- shredded coconut, for garnish
- fresh blackberries, for garnish
- powdered sugar, for garnish
|PUMPKIN PIE CUPCAKES|
TO MAKE THE COCONUT CUPCAKES:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pans with grease-proof papers.
- Place the flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the coconut oil, and mix on low speed until the mixture resembles damp sand.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, and add the coconut milk, vanilla, and coconut extract.
- Mix on low speed until incorporated, then turn the speed up to medium-high and beat for about 90 seconds to aerate the batter and develop the cake’s structure.
- Fill the cupcake papers about half-full and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed.
- Cool completely, then use the tip of a sharp knife to cut a well in the center of each cupcake.
- Fill the well with about a teaspoon of blackberry jam, then frost with cream cheese frosting.
|STRAWBERRY LEMON BLONDIES|
TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- Place the butter, cream cheese, and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Transfer half of the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip, and set aside.
- Add the blackberry jam and violet gel food coloring to the remaining frosting and mix until combined.
- Transfer the tinted frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Pipe a low swirl of untinted frosting over the surface of the cupcakes, and press shredded coconut into the frosting.
- Pipe a taller swirl of the tinted frosting over the coconut, and top with a fresh blackberry.
- Dust with powdered sugar, for garnish.
For more detail bakingamoment.com